Problem with Canon Digital Photo Professional - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone that uses digital photo professional software that comes with Canon DSLR's? I am having a problem with the stamping tool (which is a cloning tool), after I make the changes and I click ok the screen reverts back to the 'before' picture and does not save the new one.

update: I guess I was a bit too premature with the post, it seems if I click on convert and save (eventhough the image does not look edited) it saves the edited version.

thanks

I don't understand how you get the stamp tool to work..
I can use the edit fine etc and yes convert and save it took me a few attemtps to realise that too..
How do you get the stamp tool working everything seems unclickable in my program I bring the screen up but the buttons arn't highlighted :(

been there!!! you have to click on the area you want to edit, it will enlarge then the buttons become active.

good luck!

Glad to see I wasn't the only person that had trouble with this. I use PhotoShop now though.

Wooot thank you, now I'm thinking of all the pictures I discarded or overly cropped I could have saved..
Oh well I'm good to go now..
My computer doesn't really have the capacity for PhotoShop so I like to have at least something..

Group,

Where can I find the latest pdf manual for canon digital photo professional? I have version 4.16

Marc

Group,

Where can I find the latest pdf manual for canon digital photo professional? I have version 4.16

Marc
Marc, I don’t know of a manual. I suggest you. All Canon and ask them.
It I seem to recall that years ago I went to the Canon Learning Center which might have been at Shop.Canon.usa site but I’m not sure.
Good luck, SS

Update,

I calibrated my Monitor and Printer, but still had problems with the displayed picture in Canon Digital Photo Professional still different from the "soft proof" display.

Although my preferences for printing were set within DPP, I still had problems with the printed result.

My solution was that, although I had set the color management for the printer, within the windows settings correct, there was another location that was over-riding my color management setting. I have attached a screen shot where I was able to set a no-profile command to the printer. With this setting, the DPP picture equals the printed. Not though when I install the profile.

It's very confusing, because Windows software can at times over-ride printer settings from photo programs.

Still learning...

Marc MG5320 Settings.jpg

Last edited:
Latest Update.

Numerous tests have shown me that the Canon MG5320 printer will not accept a color profile that I have generated with a Datacolor SpyderPrint device.

The Canon printer will response, mostly, to the Canon Digital Phot Professional when I specify "no profile". There are about 6 canon profiles tha came with the driver. But when I add a new one, the colors are very wrong.

The Canon MG5320 started to fail today. Head isn't aligned and numerous errors occurred. Since its old, I will replace it with a new Epson printer.

Closed.

Marc

Latest Update.

Numerous tests have shown me that the Canon MG5320 printer will not accept a color profile that I have generated with a Datacolor SpyderPrint device.

The Canon printer will response, mostly, to the Canon Digital Phot Professional when I specify "no profile". There are about 6 canon profiles tha came with the driver. But when I add a new one, the colors are very wrong.

The Canon MG5320 started to fail today. Head isn't aligned and numerous errors occurred. Since its old, I will replace it with a new Epson printer.

Closed.

Marc
You know you are talking to yourself, don't you? The OP left this thread nearly 16 years ago!

Razky

Thanks for your kind words. I re-posted my reply in the thread that I had started. In that manner, I am talking to the "op".

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back