Problem with Canon SX110

Instamatic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am hoping someone can give me an idea of what is wrong with my camera. I bought it at the end of last year and have taken 2800 +/- pictures with it without any problems. Yesterday when I turned it on I got an error message telling me there isn't a memory card in the camera. I took the card out tried wiping down the contacts on it but nothing changed. I tried a couple of other SD cards and got the same message. I took some pictures five days ago and everything was fine. Is there a possibility that a setting got changed? If so I did it inadvertently but I'm hoping that is what happened. Since my camera is only six months old I still have a warranty, I just don't want to mail it off before I make sure that is necessary. I appreciate any help.

IMG_2182.jpg

I would suggest trying to 'reset' or 'return to default' all the camera setting and/or taking the battery out for a while. That might get things back on track.

If not, they you may have to take it in.

Mike, thank you for taking the time to reply and the recommendation. I had already let it sit overnight without batteries or a disk, I charged batteries, swapped batteries, swapped disks, and anything else I could think of. I was hoping someone here would recognize it as the same issue they'd had and it was easily fixable.

Unfortunately we don't have one camera shop in this town of two hundred-fifty thousand people. I ended up going to Best Buy to see if maybe someone in their camera department could help me. They couldn't but suggested I talk to their "Geek Squad". I told them I didn't buy it there but it was still under warranty. They said for me to go get my receipt and they should ship it back to Canon. I pay nothing, not even shipping one or both ways. So, either Canon will fix it or replace it. I was told the turnaround is 2-3 weeks. I'm glad it won't take any longer because a month from now I will be taking a vacation and will want to have my camera with me.

insert other card in camera and check whether it is working file with your camera.

if it is working fine then your previous card has got corrupted. and if you want to use it further then only by formatting you can remove the error message. But it will erase your files as well.

so you need to use any photo recovery software if you have stored some important photos and videos in it and it is important to recover it.

The scanning algorithms of these photo recovery tool are very powerful to recover lost or deleted photos, audios and videos from corrupted or formatted storage memory cards and other storage device.

Canon fixed the camera. They sent some paperwork explaining what they replaced but it was so long ago I don't remember exactly what it was. After several thousand more pictures the camera is still functioning flawlessly.

Canon fixed the camera. They sent some paperwork explaining what they replaced but it was so long ago I don't remember exactly what it was. After several thousand more pictures the camera is still functioning flawlessly.

Canon does have a great repair service,That I do know for a newbie here.

Good for you!

Most reactions

Back