Problem with Lens Correction in Lightroom to Photoshop RAW?

AfternoonTea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6. I shot RAW with a 60D, and when ever I edit in lightroom I like to use the lens correction when using my Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS to fix the barrel distortion, and lightroom picks up the lens type within the RAW. On the other hand I apply the lens correction at the very end. Sometimes I need export the file into CS6 for some tweaking, but when I go back into Lightroom sometimes under the Lens Correction I lose the "Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS" profile?

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to see my orthopedist today.
I said "it hurts when I do this'
He said,'don't do that'

Moral: do the lens correction first.

OP
AfternoonTea

AfternoonTea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The problem is when it exports into CS6, I don't think it applys the lens correction.

CowgirlMama

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The lens correction is still applied when you move it. I just checked to be sure. I've got the same camera and software.

OP
AfternoonTea

AfternoonTea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The lens correction is still applied when you move it. I just checked to be sure. I've got the same camera and software.

Fantastic! I'll start doing lens correction before exporting into CS6! I guess my eyes are playing tricks on me, cos when I compared the Lightroom screen to the CS6 screen it seemed the lens correction was not applied onto export.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
It could be. Check to make sure you Adobe Camera RAW version is completely in sync with your Lightroom version. Otherwise some settings won't apply correctly.

The workaround is rather than open the RAW file in photoshop is to set Lightroom to render the image before export. Then Photoshop will simply open a TIFF copy of the image with all LR corrections pre-applied.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics