Problem with Pentax Spotmatic SP!!

OLott

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! I'm pretty new to film cameras! I'm a student here in New Orleans concentrating on photography! [i'm used to digital. haha] Well, I have a Pentax Spotmatic and I recently shot a roll of film. After developing my film I noticed a small white C on every frame in the same spot. I was wondering if anyone had similar problems and could tell me what might be wrong!! Thanks!

That small C sounds like a problem in development, not something wrong with the camera. It's common or first timers to crimp their film as it winds onto the developing reel. I've seen it happen too many times. Give it another go but practice winding your film onto the developing spool, first in the light, then again in the dark.

BTW one more thing.. an afterthought... Can your film be crimping inside the camera? Perhaps you missaligned the sprockets on loading?

i've never had a problem loading film before. i've crimpled part of a roll before on the reel and i've seen how that appears and its definitely not that. the film is PERFECTLY straight. Nothing wrong with it. that C is like a perfect C. the same size on every shot. and its not always just a C. its also something else. i'll develop one of the pictures later this week and post it for everyone to see. i thought maybe it was a light leak. but my friend showed me a picture with a small light leak and it wasn't like that either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back