Problem with wireless flash trigger and sigma flash

Ivans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score

Attachments

• $100520121045.jpg
    $100520121045.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 256
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just to clarify: If you put the Sigma flash on the hotshoe of your Canon, it works; if you put your friend's SB-900 on the remote trigger, you can fire the flash using the remote trigger, but if you put the Sigma on the remote trigger, it does not work?

Yes, exactly. Not only works when I use wireless trigger and sigma. (Maybe my English is not a little to understand, because I use google translate.)$IMG_5795.JPG

Last edited:
I found this. Does anyone know details about the electronics? I think the shot should be connected to the ground and trigger. I tried it on my sigma. Does not work. You probably need something else to connect to work. I can open flash and to bridge the inside. Only you know exactly what. Maybe he should contact the red light ready?

Attachments

• $Pinovi2.jpg
    $Pinovi2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 233
What is the trigger voltage of the Sigma? Some of the radio trigger doesn't work with flash with higher trigger voltage. Of course, the issue you encounter maybe different.

Is the flash does not fire the thyristor works as a switch? When the transmitter and the bridge ground and trigger, it sends a signal. The pilot light on the transmitter blink.$trigger.jpg

I search and find your radio trigger in Amazon. From the description, it said it will not work with flash with trigger voltage higher than 12V, can you check and see your flash's trigger voltage? Some of the older flash could have trigger voltage that higher than 200V

I did some searching about the flash and found that other people have the same issue. This flash will not work with their radio trigger. And it seems like this flash do not have manual power mode. And if that is the case, I will not even want to use it.

Ok, thanks anyway. If I fail to fix, I'll have to sell triggers (or flash).

I will sell the flash and find one that has manual power. You do not want to use full power all the time.

Most reactions

Back