problems at the place i get my film developed

Oops - sorry, I didn't see that you were dealing with film, not digital files. I retract that comment then.

Not entirely neccessary, Some (Not all and the number continues to deminish) labs print Lot number - frame number - and print date on the back of the prints. However as I noted these places are growing fewer and fewer, I still have some prints from before my local lab discontinued the process. If that information is there it will do exactly what you had in mind in the first place.

zeppelin390, flip a print over, you are looking for some black text, most of which numbers. If it's there scan it and I'll show you what you are looking for. If it's not there you are going to have to rough it and go by the negitives.

I may take the same shot 4 or 5 different times, but at different exposures. With the pictures out of order, there is no way for me to tell which picture was at which exposure.

If you are comparing DOF or motion freeze/blur you'll be able to see that in the prints, but if you are comparing amount of exposure you need to look at the negs anyway, or maybe ask the lab to print without corrections (if you are really experimenting/practicing you might want to try slides, they'll learn you quick). Print film has huge exposure latitude for making prints, meaning the lab should have no problems making good looking prints even if the exposure varies by a stop or a few. They assume you want them to correct exposure and color issues unless you tell them otherwise.

I found the print number on the back of the picture, and on the negative. Thank you eerybody. I am definately being super nice to the people I hand my film over to, in hopes of getting some sort of special treatment. Maybe a free development, or free roll of film. I know I am going to be at this place a lot, it's worth a shot

Wouldn't worry about free rolls of film, you'll get el cheapo Kodak 200iso probably.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back