Problems with 580 EX Canon

Thaash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI,

I got a used Canon 580 EX and I think it has some contact problems. I use it with my 50D. The problem is the following:

It always fires the flash and shows the green light indicating that the flash was successfully fired but I get sometimes completely dark images (like the flash was fired too early or too late). Maybe from 10 shots 2-3 are well lit (I use 1/60 shutter, but I have the problem with other shutterspeeds too)

Please help me. I have to use the flash on monday...

HI,

I got a used Canon 580 EX and I think it has some contact problems. I use it with my 50D. The problem is the following:

It always fires the flash and shows the green light indicating that the flash was successfully fired but I get sometimes completely dark images (like the flash was fired too early or too late). Maybe from 10 shots 2-3 are well lit (I use 1/60 shutter, but I have the problem with other shutterspeeds too)

Please help me. I have to use the flash on monday...

Not 100% sure I can help, but you might want to give a little more detail on this. What mode you were shooting in, heck post the dark shot and we can look at the exif data.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back