Problems with my mouse.

C

Cuervo79

I don´t know if this really goes here or not but I´m desperate.

I bought last year a Wacom Graphire3 through amazon, and Its been working great, until now the only problem I´m having is that the mouse´s scroll wheel is not really turning right, I had problems with this with my earlier mouse wich was easy to resolve, it turns out that the rubber circle after a while absorbs your finger´s oily residue (if this is wrong tellme, that´s what I came to the conclusion) and so there is less friction with the plastic wheel the ruber circle is attached to, the only way I found to mend it was to disasemble my mouse and clean the rubber circle and the wheel.
The problem is that the wacom mose does not have any visible screws so I could disasemble it.
The other thing is that I live in guatemala, so in order to get my mouse serviced I would have to send it to the US.
if there is no real solution I´ll try to conact wacom and see what they tell me

Sounds like you've got a 'friday' model - best bet would be to send it back on a warrenty claim. :)

You could ask over at www.thesupportforum.com to get some more answers if you wanted. But sorry I can't help you, myself coz I don't have a wheelie thing, or a wacom mouse. But I do have a wacom tablet and it is sooo cool. I wuv wacom.
(but I may think twice about buying one of their mouses now.) Let us know how it turns out.

well as I said the problem is not really indigenous to the wacom brand... I have had this problem with my previous 3 mice (logitech) and it allways happened and as I said, I mend it by cleaning the plastic wheel the rubber circle is attached to.

Stick some flat head screwdrivers in the gaps where the plastic casing joins and gently pop them apart. It won't be easy, you'll end up denting and scratching the plastic but.... it'll get it apart. Also, run your fingers and maybe a pen (not the point, the other end) over the labels on the underside of the mouse. If you can feel dip or holes there you'll probably find a screw to.

lol, what's an optical mouse have to do with my problem hehehehe...

Most reactions

Back