Processing Images In Sequence ?

Apertures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shooting from 2 different cameras during a wedding, I had read somewhere (maybe Rangefinder) that a photog had devised a system to sort and name the images from the shoot in chronological order, from either camera, from any card. I can't figure out how. Any ideas ?? I know I would need to sort the images according to a timestamp, then rename them all for that event/wedding. Any ideas ???

I don't know exactly what you speak of... I just make sure the time between my two cameras is in sync and when I process them in Lightroom they are chronologial. Keep it simple. ;)

Do you download from the camera, or from the cards and a reader ? I have tried both ways, but can't seem to get the chronological order from either - all i get to sort them by is the general date of the event. Maybe it's the Canon software that I'm using ? Maybe I should check out Lightroom instead.:hail:

Look for a "sort" option in your software. I make sure the cameras are set for the same time, and choose sort by date created in Adobe Camera RAW. Then I batch rename the entire group with numbers in sequence before I start editing.

I guess it's time to look a bit further into the software instead of the process. I have just been using the Canon software, but I guess there's better options than just what came with the camera(s). Most of what I shoot is just .jpg , and maybe it's time to start adding the raw files as well. Maybe the .jpg's just don't keep that much info to sort not only by date, but by time as well. Something to test out in the next few days.

It should be in the IPTC data of the photo... I'm not familier with the software you're using - what do you see if you right click on the file and look at the create time in Windows? Are they correct?

I download the files from my cards to a laptop with a reader during the day... I copy them all to a common location later and point lightroom at them.

The main thing is to sync the cameras.

After downloading, I Batch Rename them in Bridge in HHMMSS format before editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back