Processing Kodachrome 120

Kodachrome tends not to fade much (in terms of contrast loss) but it does tend to color shift. All the 120 I've seen IIRC has been from the mid to late 70's. I've never shot any that old, so I can't say for sure, but I'd bet it can still produce a decent image.

I was trying to remember when 120 Kodachrome came out, because I can't remember it being available when I worked in fashion in the 70's. I think that it was introduced in the 80's.

The 1977 BJP Annual lists both K-12 and K-14 films as being available, but nothing in 120. The 1987 BJP Annual (I've only kept one per decade) includes the statement:
"Even more surprising was the imminent extension Kodachrome Professional film to larger sizes, specifically 120 rollfilm and bulk 70 mm. ... The move was enthusiastically welcomed in professional circles." Not half. Kodachrome sheet film had been discontinued in the 40's, I think. The other news was that Kodachrome Professional 200 was being introduced.

Best,
Helen

Thanks for that link. I just sent the guy an email to see if there was any interest. Hopefully there is.

Also try Rocky Mountain Film Lab.
http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/

Nope, they don't. I had two rolls of this film exposed pre 9/11 and shipped them to Rocky Mountain Film for developing, they told me Kodak isn't doing anything anymore about it in the USA so I had it shipped (through them) to London for a final development of K-14 in 120. Unfortunately, due to the 9/11 events it arrived way too late and now I have two rolls of developed Kodachrome 120 in my fridge waiting for a miracle.

If anyone knows a developing place for this, holler (PM me) and I'll be forever grateful.

So, if I'm reading that info correctly, Helen, most of the K14 process is dependent on the machine. If 120 K14 was commercially available at one point, it seems to make sense that a machine capable of processing 120 K14 was also produced. If one were able to get a hold of a machine, and order the chemicals from Kodak, he could go to town, right?

Not that it'd be a terribly profitable endeavor since 120 K14 has been discontinued for several years...

There have been a million threads about this on APUG. Kodak does not sell the chemicals to anyone except Dwayne's.

There have been a million threads about this on APUG. Kodak does not sell the chemicals to anyone except Dwayne's.

Check and mate. Thank you, Big Yellow Brother. It's as if they insist that their analog line become totally obsolete! :thumbdown:

Or is it Yellow Father? I can't remember the nickname for Kodak other than that it contains "yellow."

Latest rumor is that they're narrowing down to five emulsions. I don't personally believe that KC would be one of them if that's true.

Most reactions

Back