Product photograph - Highly reflective

K-Line Dulling Spray is pretty good at smoothing out refelctions, although it will give the appearance of the product being "brushed' rather than highly reflective, so it depends on whether the reflectiveness is important to the product. I use this at work when shooting chrome oven control knobs/door handles and the like.

EDIT: Just seen that someone else suggested dulling spray. I must start reading other people's replies...

I've heard that shooting a flute is like trying to shoot a curved mirror. I am trying to emulate this photo: Flute Models | Miyazawa Flutes | Miyazawa.com

My approach is to encase the flute in a bristol board box without a top. In this scenario I would hang a 5 foot by three foot diffusion panel over the box and hang a light over the diffusion panel. The camera would be positioned between the box and the diffusion panel and tilt down to the flute.

My big question: do you think I would see a bunch of reflections in the flute with this setup? Would a white box make the lighting too flat?

Any feedback will be appreciated and thank you for your time!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back