Product shots of a model I built

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just finished building this model.. I'm mostly happy with the pics, so I thought i'd share them here. Kind of a magazine look.

I used my d70, sb600 pointed at the ceiling, white paper for bounce card kinda to the model's front right. Lit the background with a regular ol' lamp. I don't know much about flash photography, i've always just set up lamps and used slow shutter speeds, so any tips are welcome.

front.jpg

back.jpg

ltside.jpg

rtside.jpg

face.jpg

mask.jpg

back_detail.jpg

base.jpg

I like the photos, the lighting feels soft and nicely balanced, and the colours have a natural feel about them. Really great job. :)

A very intricate model too, was it hand painted ??

I'd love to see the shots on a black (or dark grey) background too. I just feel these type of shots would lend themself to darker backgrounds.

I like the photos, the lighting feels soft and nicely balanced, and the colours have a natural feel about them. Really great job. :)

A very intricate model too, was it hand painted ??

I'd love to see the shots on a black (or dark grey) background too. I just feel these type of shots would lend themself to darker backgrounds.

Thanks. It was mostly handpainted. I airbrushed the face and hair, that's about it.

I normally photograph my models on darker backgrounds. I just thought i'd try something new.

Most reactions

Back