6625 S. Valley View Blvd, Suite B-232 Las Vegas, N
Website
www.mgstudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
pic13.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic5.jpg

I'm not a fan of the ~20° tilt. I have to tilt my head and I keep thinking the food is going to fall over. I can't really comment on anything else because that is completely throwing me off.

Oh, and welcome to the forum ... and you might not want to put your entire address in your Location in your profile.

I normally light food from: top- rear- right,with a softbox if you see what I mean, fill in the front with a reflector and you get super soft shadows coming forward This allows one to shade the background as much as required or light it by cheating the softbox towards the rear.

It doesn't really matter but I'm not liking the shallow DOF nor the tilt myself.

The photo's are great, the food, except for the cheeseburgers, look gross:lol:
In all seriousnes, although I am by no means a professional photographer of any discipline, over the years, I have picked up bits and pieces of the "art" of shooting food, and have learned that it's part science, part know how, and equal parts "black magic".
J.:mrgreen:

The shadow on #1 is kinda bugging me, but otherwise - they all look great.
Even the tilt looks good to me.

... and you might not want to put your entire address in your Location in your profile.

Google maps shows it being in a business park next to Tri Color Paints. That's probably not his house. ;)

...Studio?

Not too bad. That tilt has got to go. You have some hot spots that need to be taken down. The burgers need some work. The third shot is your best. Keep trying. Good luck!

It doesn't really matter but I'm not liking the shallow DOF nor the tilt myself.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Unless you were asked to do it specifically, it may be better to stop it down a bit.
But I do enjoy the composition.

Last edited:
Sure, I have some stuff I can show to kick it off.

Product box
707367386_StpQo-M.jpg

Truffle
707068158_gK5hH-M.jpg

Cheesecake
707380239_PPgmh-M.jpg

707389967_apaAQ-M.jpg

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back