Professional Wedding Phoographer

kickrjason

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently this past weekend I attended a friends wedding in the San Diego area. The photographers she chose for her wedding were for lack of a better description "Well below par ". I did my best to ignore there habits and the shots they were missing(which was a LOT of the wedding) They chose to use film which i have no problem with, except it seems they showed up with nowhere near enough film. The biggest thing i noticed that caused me to almost scream out loud was when one of the girls took a lense off her camera AND TOSSED IT ON THE GROUND!!!!

Sorry nothing screams amateur like throwing your equipment around. I don't know about everyone else but i certainly don't have money to throw away when I abuse my $1500 lenses.

JasonCruise02024.jpg

I would feel it my duty to teach her to never do it again by swiping the lens while she's not looking.

^ That would be in her best interests, of course. Haha :p

i don't know... i have totally tossed some lenses on the grass before. (tossed, not thrown) if that's what i gotta do to get the next shot in time.... that is what insurance is for.

theres no rear lens cap protecting the element. ive PLACED lenses on the grass before, but it would be a pretty funny sight if i saw some one throw it on the grass.

theres no rear lens cap protecting the element. ive PLACED lenses on the grass before, but it would be a pretty funny sight if i saw some one throw it on the grass.

I know a lot of pro's who don't use any lens caps... makes me cringe. Oh and they don't have filters on the glass either. Shove the lens back into their bag and hope it doesn't get scratched.

Heres an 80-200 AF-S that has very deep scratches, one of the pro's lenses...
80-200Scratch.jpg

i don't know... i have totally tossed some lenses on the grass before. (tossed, not thrown) if that's what i gotta do to get the next shot in time.... that is what insurance is for.

I agree. I wouldn't THROW it, but I've put lenses down on the grass without switching a rear lens cap while I'm trying to quickly prepare for an important shot. $1500 lenses are worth nothing if you're too busy worrying about them to be a photographer.

EDIT: Although, the condition of that front glass element is pretty disgraceful...

I will admit to setting a lens on the grass to get a shot, but I do not throw it.
I will pick it up as soon as I can, but like someone else said, that is what insurace is for. The only dange would be if I stepped on it, I am never far enough away for someone to steal it as my assistant would probably be watching out for it.

yup it's pretty sad to see things like that happen. I always take a lens carry bag on me, just whip it around my belt or something, great for holding things, lens, lens cap, etc, leave it unzipped and it's a quick place to stick a lens.. small investment and surely not much of a problem to carry it around.. or am i missing the point here?

yeah, they're horrible, blah blah. the big problem is the shots they were missing, not the equipment on the ground.

Who knows, maybe the shots they did happen to get were phenomenal (?).

Most reactions

Back