Profoto A1

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Soooo who's getting one?
I'm kinda conflicted
Sure it's fast recycling but what does it really do that a SB5000 with a circular modifier can't do?
profotoa1flashfeat-800x420.jpg
\
Also I'm waiting for the cheaper YongNuo version.

It probably empties your wallet more quickly than the other alternative.

I can't find a GN for it, but 76 w/s? You're not exactly going to overpower the sun, and at $1000 US, that makes it just about the most expensive third party medium powered speedlight in history. I can see ZERO reason to buy this.

Maybe some specifications and details on this would help this post to get a little more traction. I'm on my phone right now and don't feel like looking up the URL for product info on this. It looks like a speed light that has four channels. Maybe a has some really cool features that we don't know about? I don't know so many flash units to choose from now some simple some medium some super complex.

So essentially a streaklight 360 that’s triple the price for the brand name slapped on it.

No thanks.

But doesn't the Streaklight 360 offer a bare tube type of look? It looks like this flash has only the diffuser panel permanently installed, with no bare tube possibility. The advantage to a flash that allows you to use a bate tube configuration is that it can light in a 360° arc.

But doesn't the Streaklight 360 offer a bare tube type of look? It looks like this flash has only the diffuser panel permanently installed, with no bare tube possibility. The advantage to a flash that allows you to use a bate tube configuration is that it can light in a 360° arc.

Touché. Good point.

and the streaklight can be bought at a 350w/s power. The biggest problem I see with the steaklight is that need for that battery pack to power it -- so you might as well use something else...

the Flashpoint eVOLV is interesting, has the flash bulb derrel is after, integrated power-pack I'm after -- i think it's rated at 200 w/s which is okay, but not going to do much to fight a sun.

the Profoto A1 at 75 watt/sec, is just as powerful as say a SB-800/900, but costs $1000 and uses Profotos wireless triggering and ttl. It also has a silly LED modeling light that wont help you in any situation.

Last edited:
Yup, 76 w/s. 300 full power flashes on its rechargeable battery (1 hour recharge). Has built in wireless to work with their B1's. Their sales pitch is smallest most portable studio light. Has bounce cards, domes, gels, adjustable beam, swivel, and bounce just like other speedlights.

Youre not spending a grand on that.

So you can't replace the battery on it? 300 flashes and it's done or can you swap their battery packs? Crazy expensive either way

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

You're still not going to buy it

Most reactions

Back