profoto B1 with pocketwizard plus X?

OP, I'm late in coming in to the post and I hope you haven't bought your B1 yet. The #1 feature the B1 offers is the TTL capability. That only works with Profoto's $350 air remote as mentioned above. Also they don't have it working with Nikon as of yet. So if your getting the B-1 for the portability you might consider another option because the rest of it's key features aren't working for you.

The B-1 has IR and cable methods of working. It has a USB port and can be controlled on your computer. So if you can run your Pocket wizard to your PC you can fire the flash in the software. All this is a big hassle.

Considering a single B-1 costs 2K why not just get the Air Remote when the Nikon ver comes out? get all the advantages this system offers. JMHO

Well, I have a PocketWizard Flex TT1 transmitter (capable of up 1/8,000th), and the PlusX will not trigger a curtain-free frame over 1/250th using a Nikon D800E. Do you own a PlusX? Can you post an example of an above-x sync trigger using a PlusX? Because I fully expected it to trigger over 1/250th, since even according to PocketWizard, "most" of the HyperSync capability is in the transmitter. One more thing that could be preventing my PlusX' sync above 1/250th is that I need to re-check how my TT1's firmware is set.

The plus-x may not allow hyper sync with a PW TT transmitter, but I'm not talking about hypersync. I'm talking about a different shutter mechanism. And even then, hyper sync never was really much of a solution for breaking the x sync with certain full frame cameras.

Ask someone with one of the cameras I mentioned to try it out.

Most reactions

Back