Program for Batch Resizing & Cropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalphP13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a relatively simple program that allows you to take a group of photographs and resize them as a group to a standard/set size. Allowing me to selectively crop would also be nice.

I use Corel for post-processing and I know both Photoshop and Corel allow for creating scripts to do a similar thing, however, I was wondering if there was a freeware or shareware program out there that might be a little simpler and easier to use to accomplish the same task.

I found a few things that look like they might work however; I hate downloading multiple trial versions of software, and then deleting them, leaving bits and pieces of the programs everywhere. I was just wondering if somebody already knew of a nice program for doing this, and if they would be so kind as to share that information.

Thank you, Ralph

Have a look at Irfanview. It's a very lightweight program that has some great batch abilities. I'm not sure about the cropping though.

My windows live photo gallery can do batch resizing. I'm using windows 7.

The free Visualizer Photo Resize is a great software. Pretty quick to. I have had friends unable to distinguish sharpness of blown up photos that were resized down by ten (10) times.
Grab it till it is still free for personal use.

I'm looking for a relatively simple program that allows you to take a group of photographs and resize them as a group to a standard/set size. Allowing me to selectively crop would also be nice.

I use Corel for post-processing and I know both Photoshop and Corel allow for creating scripts to do a similar thing, however, I was wondering if there was a freeware or shareware program out there that might be a little simpler and easier to use to accomplish the same task.

I found a few things that look like they might work however; I hate downloading multiple trial versions of software, and then deleting them, leaving bits and pieces of the programs everywhere. I was just wondering if somebody already knew of a nice program for doing this, and if they would be so kind as to share that information.

Thank you, Ralph

i had a similar problem and, like you, i went crazy after the scripting options of photoshop.
i opted for a solution in the middle, could not find a freeware but i found what is, i guess, the only bulk cropping software on the market, bargain price though.
It's called Photo Cropper

Relatively easy to use, fast, but i would recommend to give it a try before deciding, so that you are use it works for you. just my 2cents. good luck
This post is 2 years old.

But to a spammer, it's like winning the lottery to be able to pimp their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back