programs for digital- burn and alter photographs

goldjake1788

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i cannot afford to make a studio inside my new apartment so for my graduation gift my parents bought me a really nice slr digital camera. I was wondering if there are any computer software besides photoshop and fireworks that really does justice to the pictures. Like can do everything the dark room can do on the computer. ok thanks and what do people think about the quality versus film slr versus digital

goldjake1788 said:
i cannot afford to make a studio inside my new apartment so for my graduation gift my parents bought me a really nice slr digital camera. I was wondering if there are any computer software besides photoshop and fireworks that really does justice to the pictures. Like can do everything the dark room can do on the computer. ok thanks and what do people think about the quality versus film slr versus digital

Congrats on the Graduation first!

As to the software, Adobe Photoshop is the best out there, in my opinion. I would also look into Photoshop Elements, a lighter and somewhat easier (and cheaper!) Photoshop cousin. For simpler tasks, I use XNVIEW which you can d'load at www.xnview.com/.

As for 35mm film against digital, hmm... It's hard nowadays to really make a difference, they both have plusses and minuses. 35mm is film, which can be wrongly exposed, mistreated (too much heat or expired), wrong speed used and so on. On top of that you have to think about processing it right, then scanning and so on. If you are after digital pictures I suggest going after one of the digital SLRs out there, such as the new Canon Rebel. All under $1,000.00! It has a 6.3 Megapixel capability and a lot of flexibility built in. As we speak I still use my 35mm cameras but would like to have a digital SLR as well, so I'm looking.

Hope this makes some sense... :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back