Prom 2007

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was shooting some pictures of the city in a popular place to do such a thing when a limo pulled up and a bunch of prom kids got out. I asked if I could take their picture for practice and told them where I would post them so they could copy them to their own computers.
Anyhow all would have been wonderful for them and for me BUT the freaking limo driver got super ****ed that I was there. I dont know why. I did first look to see if he had a camera and if he did I never would have approached. He said'That's my job" I appologized and said "Oh sorry I didnt see a camera with you." He siad "I don't have one becuase they all have like ten of them!" He was really nasty with me.
So I asked the kids if it was ok and they said yes of course. So I took some. The guy who I will refrain from calling a bad word wouldnt stop interrupting and so it was hard to get them all to look my way.
He then asked me to leave. I didnt want to start an argument that he sadly would have lost in front of a bunch of high school kids on their way to prom. I want to start a business and that is not a good impression. Those kids will be getting married and having kids and all that and I dont want them thinking of me as a hot tempered loud mouth y'know?
So I waslked away gracefullly and I emailed the company.
Anyhow here is what I managed to get with this stupid limo driver milling around.
promdesat.jpg

I know you guys arent big on selective coloring but they're a bunch of high school kids... I pretty much know they'll like it. :)
prombwcolordress.jpg

prom8.jpg

prom7.jpg

prom3.jpg

I just had me prom a little while ago, it was fun.

It sounds like you had a rough time, ha, but it's good that you didn't argue. You were definitely thinking ahead.

I like the images, and so will the "kids," ha.

Wow they look great... and screw that guy. He was a limo driver/photographer?

If wouldve came up and said "Listen I too am a photographer, and I planned on taking some pictures of them to offer them, would you mind not taking the pictures" then maybe I would've left, but come on... how rude.

I wonder if there is a way to photoshop out the pantyline in the third one? It seems a bit distracting...

I just had me prom a little while ago, it was fun.

It sounds like you had a rough time, ha, but it's good that you didn't argue. You were definitely thinking ahead.

I like the images, and so will the "kids," ha.

Oh sorry. I didn't mean anything by calling them kids. hee hee I'm 28 and I consider myself a kid too. :lovey:

Wow they look great... and screw that guy. He was a limo driver/photographer?

If wouldve came up and said "Listen I too am a photographer, and I planned on taking some pictures of them to offer them, would you mind not taking the pictures" then maybe I would've left, but come on... how rude.

I wonder if there is a way to photoshop out the pantyline in the third one? It seems a bit distracting...

No he wasnt a photograoher at all!! In fact he was using their cameras to take pictures. He asked one of them, "Does this have a zoomie thingy?" :lol:

And you know thanks for the tip on the panyline... i didnt even see it myself!

The individual shots are flawless. Strung out groups shot at an angle are almost impossible. You probably did as well as humanly possible. Might I asked about the skin tones in the group looking straight ahead.

Yeah I wanted these couples to move in closer but everything took place in about 5 minutes so it was kind of rushed. Not to mention I was already angry - glad if you can't tell my hands were shaking!
Um , yeah that selective coloring is not the best job in the group shot facing but I see how people react to this one portrait in the middle of the mall that has selective coloring to it and they freak out and it's horrible use of it!!! So I thought they might like it. To me, they look like dead people in pretty dresses. :confused:

NJMAN
Great job kathi! :thumbup: :D I agree, how rude of that limo driver. He should know better than to mess with a Canon user! :wink:

I really like these shots!! Well done!

haha yes he should know better! hee hee. funny. Thanks.

Mysteryscribe
I think it will work for you. The reason is who your customers would be. I think night of the living dead will wow them.Today 05:17 PM

that is what I was thinking ;)

In defense of the limo driver... I'm sure he considers the safety and well-being of the folks he's driving to be of some importance. Put yourself in his shoes. Some random lady starts taking pictures of the folks he's driving around, potentially ruining their good time. Maybe he thinks to himself, "They probably don't want to be hassled by this broad but don't have the nerve to say so," and steps in. It's easy to harp on the guy, but I'm sure his intention wasn't to spite you. He was trying to make sure his clients had an enjoyable time.

Seeing your pictures makes me miss Pittsburgh. I'd love to be at the Mt. Washington overlook right now.

In defense of the limo driver... I'm sure he considers the safety and well-being of the folks he's driving to be of some importance. Put yourself in his shoes. Some random lady starts taking pictures of the folks he's driving around, potentially ruining their good time. Maybe he thinks to himself, "They probably don't want to be hassled by this broad but don't have the nerve to say so," and steps in. It's easy to harp on the guy, but I'm sure his intention wasn't to spite you. He was trying to make sure his clients had an enjoyable time.

Seeing your pictures makes me miss Pittsburgh. I'd love to be at the Mt. Washington overlook right now.

Weel I had considered this same thing being that the customers of his were proabbly minors. My problem with him didnt lie in his concern for the feelings of the promgoers but with the way he treated me. He was rude, loud and extremely arrogant. He basically treated me like a child. That was my trouble.
I asked every one of the students if I had their permission to shoot them and they were very happy about it. My sister in law was with me and she gave several of them my flickr account information so they could see the finished result when it got uploaded.
I do understand that he has an obligation to make sure they are having a good time but these kids posed and smiled and kissed and hammed it up y'know. The minute I walked onto that balcony he was p ssed off. And he could have handled himself in a different, more polite, businesslike maner.
I'm not arguing with you I hope you dont think that. Just thinking there are better ways to treat people.

Most reactions

Back