Promaster 5550 DX flash question

flyin-lowe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wandering if the Promaster 5550 DX flash can be fired wirelessley or not. I have read the specs on their web site but as a newbie I am not sure what features to look for. My father in law has one of them and a speedlite that we were going to buy him some stand for. I didn't know if there was some way to get them to both fire (without a cord if possible) He shoots with a 40D.

I don't think it has any built in ability to be fired wirelessly, but you can certainly do it with a set of radio triggers.

Radio triggers start out pretty inexpensive for the ebay cactus triggers, then get more expensive as you move up the food chain till you get to the pocket wizards.

Would I need a trigger for each unit or what? How does the camera fire the 430 ex? If I put that cactus transmitter on the camera to fire the Promaster will I then have to put a cactus reciever on the 430 ex as well.

Sorry for all the questions, I just need to know exatly what it will take to get both flashes working together.

Thanks again

Would I need a trigger for each unit or what? How does the camera fire the 430 ex? If I put that cactus transmitter on the camera to fire the Promaster will I then have to put a cactus reciever on the 430 ex as well.
That's it in a nutshell. A transmitter goes on the camera and a receiver goes on each flash you want to fire. With many of the triggers today, the receiver/trigger is all in the same unit, so they're interchangeable as to their function, but it depends on the unit you buy, so watch for that.

Most reactions

Back