Promaster Muslin Backdrop washable?

readiness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all! I just purchased a Promaster brand 10x20' backdrop, and I am wondering if it is machine washable? Here's a link to the product: http://www.promaster.com/products.asp?product=PMUSLIN20

It came out of the package very creased and I need to use it tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping I can wash and dry it, or even just spray it down and put it in the dryer to get rid of the creases, instead of having to iron or steam the whole thing. Does anyone have experience with this and know if this is doable without ruining it? Any help would be greatly apprecaited! Thank you!

Hang it up and steam the wrinkles out. If you are going to work with muslin you should have a steamer. It is probably ok in the washer but if you need it tomorrow do you want to take that chance?

Welcome to the forum.

Did you try asking the company you bought it from...or the company that manufactured it?

As mentioned, a steamer is a great way to get the wrinkles out, especially because you do it while it's hanging, so it should stay wrinkle free of you don't have to move it.
For smaller wrinkles, you can mist it with water and just let it air dry.

For the 'out of the package' wrinkles, I just tossed mine into the dryer, along with a damp towel.

Most reactions

Back