Promotion Package!

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so my Sgt. knew that I am in kinda in photography and wanted to know if he could hire me to take some of him and his band for a promotion package that they are sending out. So I decided to take him up on his offer, cause I figured it would be good practice if anything. So this is an image that I came up with. Comments and Critique welcomed. Thanks for looking.

BW--Tint-Tones-train-copy.jpg

Here is the original file untouched, besides the frame. So here;s the big question. Color or black and white?

Picture-035-copy-2.jpg

These are just my thoughts. You've got a cool location and they are dressed for it. I prefer the b&w, but the guy on the left seems to be getting lost in the dark over there. Rather than a vignette, I think I'd prefer a crop. The guys seem to be getting a little lost in the background. If you do a reshoot, I'd use a larger aperture to blur it out more and have them stand a little closer together. The two guys in the middle have a bit of a gap between them. The whole image is a bit soft, but that could be from the resizing. I'd do a sharpen for each size you are going to use it at.

Christie Photo said:
Really?! Hmmm.... are they a polka band?
Pete

They play a bit of everything really, country, rock, and oldies. Very good band.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

markc said:
I prefer the b&w, but the guy on the left seems to be getting lost in the dark over there.
My thoughts as well.

I really like the b&w. I agree with Mark's suggestion of moving them a bit closer as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back