Promotional photos for a session drummer

Christopher_Wesser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some photos, i did for a session-drummer. He came up with the idea of glowing water and i used the inside of some text-markers to make the water glow under UV-light. It worked really better than i thought and i did some lifestyle-portraits for him afterwards.

$sascha-1.jpg
$sascha-2.jpg
$sascha-3.jpg
$sascha-4.jpg

Christopher, I like this set and think that all four are well done. #2 for me would be tough to figure out without your explanation and being accompanied with #1. It just seems a little dark and makes picking out the drumsticks and high-hat hard.

I definately like where its going. maybe a bit more work. maybe selectively adding some lighting to spots to give you a better look without going overboard. maybe some heavily snooted lights to highlight the drum set a bit, maybe a bit better backlighting to define the drummer a bit. definatly has potential.

#1 is the only keeper in my opinion. (great shot)
#2 has no real indication of whats going on like the first one does.
#3 is landscape for some reason with the drumsticks cut off, and the vignetting doesn't add anything useful to the picture.
#4 would have been a better shot without the top of his head cut off, and in portrait orientation.

#1 is the only keeper in my opinion. (great shot)
#2 has no real indication of whats going on like the first one does.
#3 is landscape for some reason with the drumsticks cut off, and the vignetting doesn't add anything useful to the picture.
#4 would have been a better shot without the top of his head cut off, and in portrait orientation.

^This! !00% agreement! ;)

I like 1 and 4.

I don't mind the orientation in 4 because it has a cinematic quality to it like it is, which I don't mind.

I also think that with the drumsticks positioned how they are, a vertical orientation would be awkward.

I do wish that the drumsticks weren't cut off though.

#1 is just neat, and I like the balance.

Thanks for your opinions guys! Well yes, i had some struggle with this light setup because it's pretty new for me. But i definitely agree that i could've done some partial highlightning of the drumset. I already received some requests from other drummers to do some similar pictures with them so maybe i'll do it better the next time ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back