Proof of Mozart's genius

treehuggerhikerboy said:
That cracked me up.

and ditto on the nice work, sounds great!

HAHAAA I cracked up too!!:lol:
I had my husband listen tothis, he is a music teacher. Said you sounded great! Also said that there are a couple pieces outt here written in the same fashion. Pretty interesting!

terri said:
So, who was the upside-down guy?? ;)

We both were! :lol:

I played second (bottom) though, on an amplified violin cuz Voo forgot his violin home. So he played on my expensive baby. Doesn't he sound good??

Mitica100 said:
We both were! :lol:

I played second (bottom) though, on an amplified violin cuz Voo forgot his violin home. So he played on my expensive baby. Doesn't he sound good??
I thought you both sounded terrific - the entire piece is so airy and crisp. Yes, Chad sounds good. (You let him play on *the* violin, eh?? ;) Nice!) You sound good. You sound good together!

Spot on playing - not an errant note to be heard. :thumbup:

More, please. :D

Hang in there Terri, I gave Voo some Bartok duets for two violins to look at. We'll prolly record a few soon... :D

whoa this is great! it goes to my library as well! congrats you two!

Haven't we seen this before? Mitica, haven't you told us about this before? It seems like I am having a severe déjà-vu right now ... only was it Mitica telling us he was playing it with vood and not the other way round ... was that when you started to rehearse it or what?

Will you put your recording online and provide us with the link so we can hear the two of you play?

Corinna, scroll back up the page and there's a little linky thingy there with the recording. :)

Nice work fellas, were you both playing at the same time or was it multi-tracked?

No multi track, we did a few takes and chose the best one. Had one microphone trained on Voo's violin (acoustic) and I was DI (direct input) on one of my electric violins. You can hear a difference in sound, the 2nd violin sounds grungier in a way. That's me on the electric.

Mitica100 said:
No multi track, we did a few takes and chose the best one. Had one microphone trained on Voo's violin (acoustic) and I was DI (direct input) on one of my electric violins. You can hear a difference in sound, the 2nd violin sounds grungier in a way. That's me on the electric.
Grungier... and more in tune ;)

What mic do you use to record a violin? Condenser? I've always wanted to know how they get such a smooth sound when recording classical instuments.:)

Most reactions

Back