Proofing website solution without the shopping cart

Havalina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all

Im doing some photo work in my spare time, on a casual level.

I do some jobs for people who like my work when i have spare time outside my dayjob.

Right now im doing a rutine where clients get a zip file of the images(not processed by me), write down the names of the photos and then send me a email with the names of the photos, they would like me to edit.

Now i would like to change this process a bit and do it like this via a online solution:

1. The client gets a link to a gallery i created along with a password(i send them the email).
2. There might be a predefined number of images that the client is allowed to select
3. Now the client selects the desired images, and somehow submits these images to me via a form or something more simple.

This way the choosing process is more streamlined and easy for everyone :)

Now all the solutions i can find revolves around images that is allready edited, where the client can choose and pay for prints.

I dont want this kind of fuctionality because i want to order prints at my local photo store, after the images have been edited by me.

I also dont know if my request is uncommon, but any inputs of a service that would provide this would be fantastic!

Fingers crossed :)

There is an out of the box solution called Photo Cart (Pictures Pro - Photography Shopping Cart | Online Proofing | Photo Cart) You add it to your already existing website. I believe you can have them host it and set it up for you too for an extra fee. It gives you a shopping cart that you can connect to paypal or not. The orders go directly to you to fullfil instead of strait to a lab. That way you only have to retouch what they order.

Set up a regular domain... www . yourname .com , shoot in RAW+JPG, download .jalbum, create a .jalbum gallery in a pass-word protected directory on your website (all good hosting services will allow you to do this via your admin controls), e-mail client saying here is URL & password, choose up to 'X' images. They e-mail you with the file names... done.

Thanks a lot for your input..

The Photo cart solution would still give me a very "shopping cart" like experience.

I guess the more "manual" solution with .jalbum might be the way to go..

In a perfect world i was hoping i could do something like this via a service like smugmug og photoshelter, but these solutions is just very shopping minded :)

I know my clients might be scared if they see things like "buy now" and texts about credit cards..ect :)

I do this with a wordpress site and the Nextgen gallery plugin. You can password protect the album, and then each photo is numbered, Email the client the password and link to thier gallery, let them tell you the # of each shot they want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back