Prop & Studio Rental? Would you or would you not?

anp0k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Curious to know how many photographers would rent props if the option was available? I know we all like to have our own unique things, but if you were just starting out and didn't have the funds to purchase the various items but knew you could rent "just the right thing" at a very reasonable price (locally) would you?

Also, would you rent studio space/equip by the hour if you didn't have your own built up yet, and had access to all these fab props?

Mostly curious about the prop rental though... that's really the main direction I'd like to go.

Last edited:
Depends on what you would charge. I rent studio space as needed. But it is mostly for commercial contracts not retail portraits and such.

If the props were in the same location as the studio space, sure, but I'm not going to go to one place to get props and another for the studio space unless it's something really special.

As mentioned above, I rented space and props for commercial shoots, but I only rented props for retail shoots based on rare client wants instead of mine.
For the commercial shoots the spaces I rented were more often warehouses or other specialty locations rather than photography studios.

Most reactions

Back