Pros - camera straps?

I just grab a huge tube of rubber cement, and glue it to my hand for long shoots.

If I carry a D700 w/grip and a 70-200 around my neck for more than 15 min using the Nikon strap, I have a sore neck and back... but that same combo with the neoprene strap is good for all day with no issues.

Aweee the frustrations of becoming elderly.

Age has nothing to do with it. I may be 49 years old, but I am in shape... I do 3 classes of 2 hours of Brazlilian Jiu-Jitsu a week and can jog for 2km without my heart rate going above 135bpm. How about you?

A gripped D700 with 70-200 will do it to ANYONE. If I put that same camera on the neck of a 17 year old for several hours, he or she will be humped over and in pain like anyone else using the factory Nikon strap.

That is the huge difference that a wide neoprene neck strap does for comfort when wearing a camera this heavy, and is worth every penny.

Age has nothing to do with it. I may be 49 years old, but I am in shape... I do 3 classes of 2 hours of Brazlilian Jiu-Jitsu a week and can jog for 2km without my heart rate going above 135bpm. How about you?

A gripped D700 with 70-200 will do it to ANYONE. If I put that same camera on the neck of a 17 year old for several hours, he or she will be humped over and in pain like anyone else using the factory Nikon strap.

That is the huge difference that a wide neoprene neck strap does for comfort when wearing a camera this heavy, and is worth every penny.

hehe I was totally Joking. I agree with you 100%, the nikon strap is completely uncomfortable.

bracket and strap.
different times calls for different methods, thus just being prepared...

Okay, not a pro, but I keep my Camera Armour strap and wrist band on the camera all the time. The strap is good for slinging the camera around my shoulder (in front, it just smacks my belt and flies around a lot when I'm walking around, and I've become proficient and speedy in pulling it back up to my eye from that position. It's a heck of a lot more comfortable when I'm running too, unless I'm also shooting and running at the same time (then the strap is around my neck, as it always is when shooting, for safety).

TBH, I much prefer just having the wrist band because I don't have to futz with the strap, but I do enough running around the city and in the midst of crowds that I wouldn't dare lose that extra bit of safety for the camera. (The rings got deformed from the weight; they're now gaffer'd together. :lol: )

I have my nikon strap but it's usually wrapped around my hand. I wouldn't just get a hand strap though because sometimes the neckstrap is really convenient, like when I'm just wandering around the city.

It definately comes down to type of photography and your own preferences eg. it's rare not to see sports photographers without two bodies on neck straps and it's also rare to see studio photographers using a neck strap. I'm always out on location and yet loathe neck straps and love the Canon E1 palm strap - never dropped my 1DsMkIII.

Adam

Commercial Photography - Portfolio - Adam Coupe Photography

Of course, it's very personal. I carry my camera with the strap acroos my chest. I'm left handed so the strap is on my right shoulder and the camera rides just forward of my left hip. It's convenient to hold if I need to and it doesn't swing around much. If I bend over, it isn't as bad as having the strap around my neck but I still hold it. If I need to, I can adjust the strap so the camera rides on my side or behind my hip. Works for me.

All my straps are Op-Tech and probably will be. I've bought all the odd straps I need and none have worked for me.

Bracket and Strap. If I feel it gets in the way, I wrap it around the bracket.

I never use it around my neck but I have straps on all my cameras. On my pocket camera I use a wrist strap and on my larger cameras I wrap the strap around my shoulder and elbow.

skieur

I like to use my camera strap around someone elses neck, usually till they turn a pretty blue colour. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back