Pros & Cons Of Buying on Ebay

CamoChick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good Morning Everyone ;)

I have been looking on at camera section and been loooking at the package deals, where u get 2 or 3 lens and different stuff, filters ect ect.. Now I can see tht some stuff is pretty naff naff. But what about the lens, has anyone ever bought anything like this of ebay. And if so what s it like. Is it ok or is it a rip off I know that to get a good lens it cost money, ( just paid $999 fr my big baby). But are some of the wide angle and macro lens any good. Sorry to sound like a numb nuts. Just want to get some heads up on this.. Would like to get wide angle and macro.. But on a budget here.
Thanks in Advance
:thumbsup:

Ive heard dont buy any of the wide angle or maco adapters off ebay. I imagine thats what youre talking about because the true macro lenses are still a pretty good bit of money, even on ebay. Save up to fork out the good money for an astounding lens. Ive asked about both of what you are talking about and been told to stay away from it. Also, if its a package deal where you get a bajillion things, its usually cheap stuff. Try some of the bundles off www.Amazon.com.

Mark

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I, personally, wouldn't buy anything off of ebay unless it was from Cameta Camera. If you buy from others you may get gray market items and crap lenses and accessories.

I have purchased ALOT of stuff off of e-bay.. Most of it has been better than expected. The real problem is that you dont get something for nothing. usually good, but follow the general rules. Look at feedback, and patterns of feedback to see if it is repeating.. (the call it astroturfing). Anyway, avoid too good to be true stuff, and try to stick w/ OEM or good third party stuff. The off the wal no named brand stuff can be very iffy.

I, personally, wouldn't buy anything off of ebay unless it was from Cameta Camera. If you buy from others you may get gray market items and crap lenses and accessories.

I have purchased every piece of equipment I have off of Ebay.

Nikon D2Xs
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Nikon 28-70 f/2.8
Nikon 105mm f/2.8 micro
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8G VR
Nikon 500mm f/4

With proper homework & research of the sellers, it can be a great place to shop.

I would, however, stay away from the package deals. Usually the camera will be OK, but the rest of the lenses & filters will be filler crap.

Everything I've got so far came from ebay. I took a chance on my 70-300 and bought from somebody that had a fairly low number of feedback. The transaction went exactly as planned, the lens was exactly as it was described.

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Thankyou for all info, I will certinaly tread wisley..;)

When it comes to eBay, I find that you have to look at their feedback score. A great thing to look for on eBay are the stores. Here in Canada one of the big store names "Henry's" have auctions on some of their used and new equipment!

Hope that helps :)

Most reactions

Back