prostrap wrist strap ?

Not me... Not sure I see a need as all my cameras have a neck strap, and my BetterHalf's pocket point-n-shoot already has a strap which is never used.

Not me... Not sure I see a need as all my cameras have a neck strap, and my BetterHalf's pocket point-n-shoot already has a strap which is never used.

I'm tired of neck straps. The camera is so much easier to take in and out of the bag quickly without one. Plus they are geeky, uncomfortable etc.....

I probably should be more specific. I rarely use a 'neck' strap as a neck strap. I typically use them as a wrist strap. I always have the strap wrapped around my wrist if handhold shooting. I don't think I've ever shot while the strap is around my neck. I only use them as a neck strap if I'm moving and can't carry everything in my hands that I want to carry (including non-photo stuff like groceries from the car).

I probably should be more specific. I rarely use a 'neck' strap as a neck strap. I typically use them as a wrist strap. I always have the strap wrapped around my wrist if handhold shooting. I don't think I've ever shot while the strap is around my neck. I only use them as a neck strap if I'm moving and can't carry everything in my hands that I want to carry (including non-photo stuff like groceries from the car).

Oh I see. I'm kind of doing the same thing currently. I have the two loop connector parts of an op-tech neckstrap attached to the camera, and buckled together to make a smaller strap. I double it around my wrist when shooting as an added measure of security.
Not the ultimate solution, but it works for now.

Thanks,
floyd

i shoot with my gripped D300 and 80-200 all the time with no strap or anything. I havent had the neck strap on in months. After i took it off , I realized how useless it is.

I'm tired of neck straps. The camera is so much easier to take in and out of the bag quickly without one. Plus they are geeky, uncomfortable etc.....

I tried them, and I *way* preferred a good neck strap. It freed me up and I ended up still needing a neck strap anyways becuase I used both hands in between shots.

Might I suggest that you look into a proper wide neoprene neck strap? With one, I can easily walk around all day with a Nikon D700 with battery grip, a 70-200 F/2.8 and a SB-800 flash on it all day without issues. Without that strap, I am good for *maybe* 1 hour... 2 at most, before I start getting sore.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back