klissarov ik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
http://www.trisocks.co.uk/content/about.html

i just came across this website, and it caught my attention. i'm wondering if any of y'all use protections for your tripod, like in the pictures out there. will my tripod have any damage, maybe in long term, if i use it in water or snow for example? they saying so out there- but i'd like to have your opinions first.

also, could i simply use a plastic bag instead of buying something like in the link?
you know the same concept as using a plastic bag for your camera when shooting in rain.. instead of buying a specific protection.

only if you don't want to mess around with wet feet. My tripod isn't worth protecting anyway.

After years of experience and experimentation, I have developed a 2-part process to deal with this issue:

1. Don't set up your tripod in the water

2. If your tripod gets wet, wipe it off before you put it away

The system works well.

JD

If a tripod needs protection beyond such simple considerations as not getting sand into the bearings and not using it to drive tent pegs, etc., it isn't well-engineered.

Some may. I do remember seeing a photo of someone famous (sorry if this is you). The photographer was using a tripod in the water, chasing a certain fish that spits water at it's prey to make it fall in the water.

He had a tripod and a Canon 5D, a L series lens (can't say which), and fully clothed with his tripod the camera cleared the water by only a few cm. One hand was on the camera, the other under water presumably holding or adjusting the tripod.

So crazy people do exists :) The photo better be worth it though.

Well, someone made "socks" for a tripod. What next, Underwear? :lol:

I would agree with some of the others that have already posted. If it gets wet, wipe it dry. If it gets dirty, clean it before you put it away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back