Protective Glasses

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone use UV/blue light protection eye glasses for viewing on their monitor? I get eye strain often and I just bought a pair of the "clear" type but I worry they will change the colors in the pics I'm viewing. Does anyone have experience with these? Maybe I should've asked before I bought them (no big loss @ $13) but according to the reviews, even though they might have a slight tint to them everything looks normal when looking at the screen. I don't know if they're viewing pictures, though. What say you?

Show us some results after wearing them to edit.......

Never even considered this. I would try putting up a full screen, repeating pattern image with multiple colours and then hold the glasses so that you're looking at the monitor with one "protected" eye and one non-protected. Your brain should pretty quickly determine if there's a difference between what each eye is seeing.

I think @limr mentioned these in the past?

Being one who is on the puter 5 days a week at work I can attest that the UV coating DOES work and does not overtly change color tone.

The eye strain isn't really the UV aspect per se but is actually caused by brightness and the refresh rate and blue light frequency.

It has damaged my eyesight somewhat due to distance from the screen.

So the real aspect is the brightness.

The glasses are only part of the issue overall, you'll still need to calibrate the monitor (if possible.)..

Yup, I use them, but I haven't been doing any photo editing in a while so I can't really speak to it.

There is a tint, but it doesn't have to be a very dark tint. It's an amber amber tint to counter the blue light of the screen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back