Protest of ebay

why are people protesting ebay?

I've always loved little make shift ploys like this. Someone posts some random thing about a petition and 1000's of people jump on it and there isn't even a reason. The OP doesn't even say why he thinks they should "strike" for a week, it just looks like a random thought.

IMHO if you hate something then don't do it. Stay away from it even, not spend even more time brooding in your own thoughts about something you dislike and try to get others to believe you.

I've always loved little make shift ploys like this. Someone posts some random thing about a petition and 1000's of people jump on it and there isn't even a reason. The OP doesn't even say why he thinks they should "strike" for a week, it just looks like a random thought.

IMHO if you hate something then don't do it. Stay away from it even, not spend even more time brooding in your own thoughts about something you dislike and try to get others to believe you.

Exactly. Also not buying anything off E-Bay is more likely to work than not selling anything...

Ebay has a new rule that seller cannot leave negative replies about buyer. Read this on another forum. Seem some seller are unhappy about it.

My wife sells and I buy on ebay. She has been on there, as a seller since 1999. The proposed changes by ebay are absolute lunacy.

Ebay makes no money whatsoever from people who buy. They make ALL of their money from people who sell. Those folks are ebay's customers, not buyers.

This proposal not to allow sellers to leave any feedback whatsoever to buyers is wrong. No ifs, ands, or buts. Ebay created this problem with letting fradulant sellers rule the roost the last few years. Now, they want to punish All sellers for a problem ebay created in the first place.

If you only let buyers leave feedback, you open the door for every crackpot and lunatic on the internet to do as they please. We are all aware of how people act in cyberspace. Imagine giving these folks carte blanche to say whatever they want about anyone.

I cannot tell you how many times my wife has dealt with deadbeat bidders, folks that want to change the terms of the auction after they win, and so on. And that does not take into account just plain, stupid people who do not read the terms of the auction.

My wife will be shutting the doors on her little operation in May, when this takes effect.

Not only that, but once again, Ebay is raising it's fees.

Adios ebay.

It has its good points and bad points...
The good: I currently have a perfect score, but each time I leave a neutral/neg feedback, I'm worried the seller is just waiting to counter with their own neg for spite...

That being said, there HAS to be a better way to fix this problem... maybe: The seller is required to leave feedback first. THis way the buyer doesn't have to worry about bad sellers pressuring them for a higher score (I've had this happen). After a week, the buyer can leave feedback even if the seller has not, and the seller is not allowed to leave feedback after that.

Seems like it would work to me, but it's a moot point anyways. This was certainly a ****ty move by eBay

Sounds like ebay is going to be flushed...

I dont mind, i never would buy anything from ebay anyways. So i really could care less. So why am i typing a reply?? hmmm.. haha :)

It has its good points and bad points...
The good: I currently have a perfect score, but each time I leave a neutral/neg feedback, I'm worried the seller is just waiting to counter with their own neg for spite...

That being said, there HAS to be a better way to fix this problem... maybe: The seller is required to leave feedback first. THis way the buyer doesn't have to worry about bad sellers pressuring them for a higher score (I've had this happen). After a week, the buyer can leave feedback even if the seller has not, and the seller is not allowed to leave feedback after that.

Seems like it would work to me, but it's a moot point anyways. This was certainly a ****ty move by eBay

That sounds like a feasible solution. I wonder why they don't do something like that, because what they are proposing is not really a solution.

Yes, anything besides what ebay is proposing would be better. You cannot make this feedback situation a one way street.

Why not when you go the grocery store do they list the bad costumers on sign at the door? NO. Now I don’t pretend to understand what all the risks to the sellers are but I do understand the risks to buyers.

My first big eBay purchase was for a Hassy 500cm from a glamour shoot type photog in the Chicago area. This was before Paypal I sent a PO money order for $1400 to stranger. That was rough time till the camera came. Happily it worked off well. Second I bought 2 EOS1 for $1000 total from a PJ in New Orleans also before Paypal. I was more comfortable with this buy because he listed his work link and info. In both examples the risk was on me. Most of my other cameras buys have been used equipment from camera shop with no problem some with and without Paypal.

The only trouble I’ve had is with a Keiv 88(?) pay under $200, it was a total piece of junk or another four-letter word. Was so mad I bought the Hassy

I don't use eBay often anyways, so I don't care too much. But by the sounds of it, what they're doing is pretty ridiculous. If enough people stop using eBay because of it, eBay will have to change their ways. Dollar votes, people. Dollar votes.

Gotta love dollar diplomacy. And if enough people speak with dollar signs, eBay will listen, and the customers (or sellers on eBay as it may be) will prevail.

Most reactions

Back