Proud Father

fotograf biel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fotoboutique.ch
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi eversone, this is one of several shots i did for this proud father ... hope you like it ... thank you

IMG_1494_klein.jpg

Pretty good lighting and very nice B&W tones.

I think it could be cropped closer, or at least have some cropped off the bottom.
It's too big to fit onto my screen and I think it actually looks better with just the top half because the man's arm and baby's legs take some attention away from the faces.

Too bad you didn't get the baby looking at the camera as well. That could have made it just that much better.

Yes, it would be great if the baby was looking at the camera,too. It's actualy 7 weeks old and somehow blind ...
I will try to crop it a bit more, thanks for that input ...;)

I like your shot, I actually love this style photos...

absolutely agree that if baby looks at the camera the shot will be fantastic, but also I would make the background a bit lighter (1 tone), to make the father and his shirt stand out a little.
but I wouldn't crop it, it looks good!

I think over all it's beautiful...if i ever have children i hope someone will take something this great of my child...
Two small things though, the baby's chest is a little wrinkled due to the father's hand pushing the skin up. Second, the saggy diaper in between the baby and his father, this is distracting to me as it's very white in an otherwise beautiful shot of grays and blacks. Perhaps turning the child a bit to get his leg in the way of that would have fixed it.
Lastly from shooting infants I know it's hard to get them to look at the camera(they don't have control), and considering the blindness a little bit of noise (snapping or rattling something) can sometimes get them to glance at you/camera, but you have to be fast.

congrats on a wonderful picture he (and you) should be proud of it.

Awww so cute. I agree with the tighter crop.

@ Erichards: Thank you very much! And yes, you're right! Thank you for that. Especially that with the wrinkles. I will retouch them suddenly ...
@ Bennielou: Thank's :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back