Proud Mom

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, here is half the clan. This is my sister and her newborn, Alexandra.
Megan-and-Lexy2.jpg

Beautiful moment, the b&w treatment is very nice. I would maybe like to see them moved over a little in th frame...loose some of the empty space and move her back away from the edge.

My sister also has a small baby named Alexandra. :)

Very nice, the black and white is a great choice for shots like these.

Lovely! That brown frame is distracting though.

This improve it at all?
Megan.jpg

that is just wonderful.... wish i would have been able to have that pic when mine was little... really touching shot... one she will cherish for all time..and so will the baby..

good good job!...love it .

ClarkKent said:
This improve it at all?

Nope. I think you had it in the first version.

At the risk of sounding a bit cold, I really see this as a portrait of your sister and her daughter is just a prop. I'm not sure where I'm getting this... maybe it's the pose, or the lighting, or both.

So, with that in mind, I really think you had it right in the first view. It becomes more apparent if you look at it as a square composition, cropped at your niece's sleeve. Also, in the second crop, we see the curve created by your sister's back.

The softness is nice. The vignetting really completes it, giving shape to and toning down her arm.... something lost in the second crop.

I think the frame choice too was better in the first. The darker frame is creating an illusion that the deeper tones in the image are not as rich.

A very nice portrait. Good presentation.

-Pete

I like the first version better - The baby is the main subject being in the center like that, the second version looks like a picture of your sister who happens to be holding a cute baby. I like the black frame better tho - Adorable shot!

Thanks guys...I am trying to get into this kind of work, and I trying to Learn how to do this properly. Thanks for all the nice comments

First photograph with the black border.

Wow, I really liked the second one until I read Christie Photo's reply. I totally agree that the baby becomes secondary in the second crop. It's amazing how fractions of an inch really draw your attention to another place entirely :confused:

In short I now really like them both for different reasons.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back