PS borders?

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know in other PS like programs they have pre set borders or frame you can add to your shot. PS has to have something like this, I have looked in the help menu but found nothing, and anyone know if they do?

what i do is right click the layer and go to blending options, then click stroke. you have to change the position to the inside, then you can mess around with color, size, and all that other fun stuff. one thing is if you have it set as the background it wont let you do it but you can just copy the layer and it will work. it is nothing fancy but it works for me.

the other thing you can do is select all (press ctrl a) and then go to the menu select/modify/expand then you enter in how many pixels you want your border to be an fill it with any color you like.

Increasing the canvas size is another useful way to create borders. Select the background color you want, then increase the canvas size equally both horizontally and vertically. You can even use this technique to get creative and make 2 or more background colors around your image. For example....you can set your background color to white, increase the canvas size by 10 pixels on both sides, and then repeat with black as the background color and increase it by another 50 or so pixels.

Note... I'm at work now, not in front of my home PC with photoshop. When choosing your color before increasing canvas size, you may need to actually fill the newly created canvas with the color of your choice. I can't remember offhand if PS does it for you when increasing canvas.

*Edit* - I just noticed that "AMcNeice" uses a similar technique in a thread lower down in this section of the forum. I just wanted to point out that I was in no way trying to rip off her idea...I hadn't even seen it yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back