PS CS4

I have CS4 on one PC and CS3 on another PC. CS4 does have some nice extra features but it also has some annoying features. I still do most of my Raw processing on the CS3 computer, it just seems easier to work with and I definitely prefer CS3 Bridge.

Camera Raw is no different between the two. I have to upgrade my software because I am in the print trade and for graphic layout work InDesign CS4 is far superior to CS3 but Photoshop hasn't changed enough that I would recommend anyone upgrade just for the sake of it. Wait until CS5.

Thanks for your reply. I am not surprised by your answer. PS is a very mature program and I started thinking it was a bit over the top even with CS3 and I am a pretty advanced user. CS3 also seems to be a bit of a memory hog over 2. Have you noticed that?

Best-

CS3 is a memory hog, that is one way CS4 is better, it does run a lot faster than CS3 on the same system.

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Thanks

I was talking about PC above but I also have CS3 and CS4 on Macs. CS4 is more stable on the Mac than CS3 was, CS3 would occasionally suffer from unexpected shut-downs, CS4 hasn't done that since I installed it. Other than that there is very little extra in PS CS4 that makes it worth the money. It does have a few extra layer tools but most of the advancement has gone into 3D development. Unless you want to create 3D images from your photos to upload to Google Earth I don't see a lot of use for that!

The one thing I really don't like about CS4 is the new tabbed layout, that can be turned off though.

One thing I do love about the PC CS4 is that you can now drag your work outside the program area jut like on a Mac, that is great for those with large or multiple monitors.

But for either PC or Mac users, I would say the improvements in PS CS4 alone are not worth the extra money to upgrade just that program.

If you happen to need the rest of the package, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver etc., then it is worth upgrading the suite.

Thanks. I have the web premium addition w/ InDesign added on. I think the upgrade will run me about $600. By the sound of it, I guess it is worth the investment.

Thanks-

Most reactions

Back