PS edit:opinions please

Joerocket

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm just learning the healing brush tool and I'd like some opinions and critique. I really like this picture but the railing shadows always drive me nuts because it takes away from the detail and the natural feel, so today I took a stab at removing them...

before:
stairs.jpg

after:
stairs_no_railing.jpg

Thanks...OTE,

-Joe

you've done a good job removing the lines, i cant see any repeating patterns and it all fits but you seem to have made he whole picture darker, which IMO you dont need

The edge of the second step has a bit of fuzziness which gives the game away if you know what you're looking for. However, I don't think anyone would spot it if you printed it and framed it, so overall great job!

Rob

Thats Excellent!! :D well done!! i like both the pictures though!

duncanp said:
you seem to have made the whole picture darker

hmm, must just be from uploading it again from photbucket or something, because I didn't do anything that would change the brightness. It doesn't look darker on my monitor though. Thanks foe the help everyone!:D

-Joe

one of the problems with healing is smudging. because of hte contrast of the shadow and the steps youll get a smudgy blurry look. when that happens its time to use the cloning brush with a soft edge.

Most reactions

Back