PS Gurus.. HELP!!!!!

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
Okay.. I know this picture is HORRIBLE, but hear me out.

I just got this one from Sam (my husband, in Iraq).. He met Oliver North last week and had a picture taken with him. The person taking the picture didnt turn on the flash, so the shutter was way too long, and ended up with this horrible blurry picture. I'm attempting to salvage it, but I am not having much luck.

Its the only picture there is, and obviously can't be retaken, is there anyone that can salvage it? I'd be eternally grateful.

north1.jpg

I included a Small picture in this thread, but If you think you could, I'd want it to be on the full size version here:

http://myweb.cableone.net/banks/north.jpg

Sorry sillyphaunt im not sure there is much can be done with camera shake like this :(

One option would be to reduce it in size really quite small and then sharpen it. but this isnt a great solution.

I will have a little go at it PS for you but i dont hold out much hope

Ive just had a little look at it in PS and think i figured out away to improve it, it wont be perfect but i think it should be alot better than what you have.

It will take me a while, so i will copy your high res version and work on it tomorrow because its a bit late here in the UK and i need to go to bed :)

ive had a shot at it, this is the best i could do.

northnew4small.jpg

this is the small version, here is a link for the big version

northnew4final.jpg

IMO Its near impossible to get rid of that camera shake. I think its a slight improvement tho. Maybe some one else on the forum can do it better?

Im not sure if your husband in the picture still resembles himself. The camera shake is particularly bad around his face and as i dont know what he usually looks like, this could look like a completely different guy!

Let me know what you think phaunt

Hey that's a great job you've done there john! I haven't figured out how to get rid of blur like that yet either and my sister - who is the queen of shaky camera hand - always gives me plenty of material. :lol:
So how did you fix it up?

I tried a bit to but I think it looks over procesed but if you want a copy then let me know and I can E-mail it to you, I have nowhere to host somthing of the size.
mytry.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back