PSE10 and brush appearance

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have looked online and in my PSE10 book and can't seem to find an answer. Does anyone know if, and how, you can change the appearance of a brush [spot removing tool, clone tool, burn tool etc] so its easier to see on screen. I can't always see the tiny outline circle of the brush anymore and am trying to make life easier. Any thoughts? I have seen in online videos brushes being used that are colored outlines, or wider outlines, just can't figure out how to do it with mine.

In CC it's Preferences>cursors. Not sure on your version but suspect it would be same

In CC it's Preferences>cursors. Not sure on your version but suspect it would be same

Thank you, I'll check it out. I don;t recall seeing preferences, but it is there somewhere I'm sure.

Found preferences, chose display and cursors and I have a setting for crop tool and brushes however no way to change the outline of the brush, so no help to my problem.. That stinks. Oh well. I have seen tons of video tutorials for PSE10 and others where the person has a bright yellow circle for the brush...

Last edited:
In my pse 9 if I have caps locks on I get a small cross try taking caps on or off

In my pse 9 if I have caps locks on I get a small cross try taking caps on or off

No that's not the problem. I can't see the thin black circle which is the brush. I'm trying to make it bolder or a different color so I can see it better. As is that thin little line of a circle for the tools just gets lost to me because of my sight issue. It's there, I just can't always see and follow where it is. The little cross hair things, I can't see them either A bolder line or bright color would help, but it doesn't seem it's possible to do in elements.

I wish I had some experience in Elements that I could help, I'm shooting blind here. Under preferences > cursor does this window open? Can you click on the color blocks or brush preview to change color. What happens if you tick full brush tip?

brush-leash.png

I wish I had some experience in Elements that I could help, I'm shooting blind here. Under preferences > cursor does this window open? Can you click on the color blocks or brush preview to change color. What happens if you tick full brush tip?

View attachment 172867

No my window doesn't look like that. In mine. you can change brush from normal to full or standard or precise and all it does is change from a circle to a cross hair or a paint brush or eyedropper. The next box I have is for the crop tool and it gives the option to have a shield or no shield and you can change it's color and opacity - the shield, not the tool itself.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I figured when I couldn't find an answer in the pse10 book that it probably couldn't be done, but thought it was worth asking the question anyway. I thought maybe I had just overlooked the answer in the book. Thanks again

Try Full brush - in the other PS, it will change the preview size to the brush size.

Try Full brush - in the other PS, it will change the preview size to the brush size.

I'll give it a try, but unless it actually makes the outline of the brush bolder, it probably won't help me to see it any better.
...LATER... - Tried it and it didn't make any difference. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, do you have a smart big screen tv and mirroring on your computer. If you do, you could cast the screen image from the computer to your tv, and be able to see it supersized?

Just out of curiosity, do you have a smart big screen tv and mirroring on your computer. If you do, you could cast the screen image from the computer to your tv, and be able to see it supersized?

No, we still have the old analog TV sets, the big heavy things. When we recently got our internet through our cable provider, the guy laughed because we still had two in use. He was also quite surprised my PC was a wired desktop computer and not wifi ready.

Most reactions

Back