publishing question

dreamer420

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Have any of you ever been published by the International Library of Photography (www.picture.com)??? Is this a reputable publishing company? Any feedback, much appreciated. Thanks!

I think you will get a better response to this in the General Q&A Section - that's where you normally find questions like this - so I'm moving it. OK?

They make their money getting amateur photographers to submit photos, and then buy the books of photos they print up, pay for photography awards conventions, etc... They will publish almost any photo sent to them.

I was also approached by this site after entering a competition. My shot got to the semi finals and i received an email to say that it was going to be published in a high quality coffee table book along with the other semi finalists. Not sure how many photos but it was at least a couple of hundred.

What got me suspicious was that this "high quality" book was to be filled with images like mine - i'd only sent them a file which was approx 160kb at 72dpi for the competition. They never asked for a hi-res version or the negative.

I did a bit of searching and found that it is a scam. As has been said, they publish anything but get the photographers to promise to buy the book months in advance - in effect trying to get a market before printing. I did find someone who had bought the book and it was a large book filled with several hundred thumbnails approx 2inches square.
Was the book called "Endless Journmeys" by any chance???

Have a look here and decide for yourself - but no one is positive about this crowd.

Treat the site and any offer with caution!!!!

Most reactions

Back