Purity

Spot on! The lighting is so dramatic and the starkness of the white against the black works so well. I agree that seeing the whole piece makes all the difference. Thank you for sharing the photo and your technique with us.

yeah this new one is better IMO. being able to see the "ground" and the resedue the "rain" leaves behind really adds to it. good stuff Matt! i really like the vignetting.

i like it a lot! thanks for sharing the setup Matt...very creative!

lol @ Terri. Dad finally did some spring cleaning, and well since I sprayed so much water, you can't really see the smudges anymore anyway :p Thank you very much Terri.

And thank you very much to everyone else. I have the setup down, and now I'm just trying to think up new ways to use it.

What a photo. That's an exquisite use of the lightning. I particularly like the way how the color hues fan out.

Could the idea run differently if the chess piece isn't set right in the middle? I mean some anarchic forms bring the purity out.

PERFECT!!! Thanks for sharing your technique! The lighting and the water coming down really add to this a lot...it's simple but awesome!!! Great work! Can't wait to see what else you shoot with your new found setup :)

Thanks Tsien, photographfiti, Mentos, and Amanda :)

I'll give you a preview of my next shot. I'm sitting here at work dreaming it up :p

King, or queen, with a staggered line of pawns retreating backwards into the darkness, masked by shallow depth of field. Possibly f/4 or so, so the first one or two pawns are in focus, and the rest trail off out of focus and into the darkness.

Most reactions

Back