Purple Aster in Blue Tones

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These little purple asters are prolific this year around our property and they are so delicate and beautiful I just can't resist! I think they take the blue nicely. Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

It's one of the best things I've seen you post in quite a while.

Thanks Ceeboy!

My brother had a commercial gardening and greenhouse operation for almost 20 years. One year he gave me a wheelbarrow load full of Asters, which I planted out back. My,oh,my what a WONDERFUL plant for the flower beds it is! I love them. such wonderful blooms! This has the main subject very low in the frame, but the way you've played it off of the background blooms is nice. Very nice. I think the background could be brightened up just a wee bit though, and it would be even better than it is now.

Thanks Derrel :)

I actually added lens falloff in post which darkened the BG (obviously ;) ) I'll remove it and post later.

Nice one rabbit. I might have tried to clean up some of the pollen grains in post, but that's rather subjective.
I agree with Derrel that it needs brightening in some manner.

Thanks Sleist :)

Ok I removed the falloff but I'm on the fence, I think I like the original better, the background in the one w/o the lens falloff is more of a distraction to me but it might be a personal thing? I like how the flower in the first version is set against the dark.

Thanks so much Whiskey!

I just posted this on 500px about a half hour ago and it is officially my first shot that has hit Popular status!! Can I get a woot!!!

(Holy notifications Batman!!!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back