Put To Rest

Ifocus4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Old vehicles are wonderful subjects for HDR work. This was taken in an old quarry near Wakefield in Quebec just a few minutes from Ottawa.

Last edited:
Kate
I love what you did with this shot. Painting and photography mixed with creativity. This is something I would like to explore as my skills increase. Very nice job!!!

Now my head is really swelling. This was shot with three different exposures and used in Photomatix which is my fav HDR software. I use Photoshop to finish up the touch up details after. I found that if you can get the exposures and the original shot right the HDR work is easy. I found lightly overcast skies work best for HDR...at least in my case. Thanks again for your comment. ;)

Now this I like. Good use of HDR here. I would be careful of the Highlight Smoothing. Not enough and you get the dirty sky and halos.

Thats good advice on the smoothing. I am still trying to figure that one out. I don't like haloing either. Thanks for your comment.

This is above me, but I really enjoy this type of work.

Great picture.

Thanks!

Thanks.. its fun once you get started and is easier than you might think once you try the free trial download from Photomatix. Cheers

Kate
How many shots of the truck did you take? What are the settings of the shots?

I took three shots at f5.6..a stormy cloudy day but not dark.. ISO was at 200 and the three shutter speeds were 1/60, 1/250 and 1/500. I put them into Photomatix and just fiddled until it was right then did some more playing around in Photoshop. I don't have the settings for the truck in Photomatix though.

Really like this. The colors in the truck pop, but the surroundings look fairly natural. Good job.

But watch the details. The square of sky that you see through both the windshield and back window is different from the rest.

Thanks folks...

Really like this. The colors in the truck pop, but the surroundings look fairly natural. Good job.

But watch the details. The square of sky that you see through both the windshield and back window is different from the rest.

I noticed the difference of color too. But after looking at the pic closely I see some areas have broken glass and some probably double glass. One layer of glass could be quite dirty and others not so. But while it does look odd, I put it down to that difference.

I like this one, despite the one window being off color a little

Most reactions

Back