PW Plus III + Power MC2?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there. I recently picked up an Einstein strobe with Power MC2 and 2 PW Plus IIIs. For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to get the Plus III to trigger the Einstein with the MC2 attached. Here's what I'm doing:

Plug in MC2 on Einstein
Mount Plus III on camera
Turn on Einstein
Turn on Plus III
Turn on Camera

Both are on Channel 18, group B. Any idea why I can't get this to work?

Mark

Wait, are you saying I need a PW on the Einstein? The MC2 is a dedicated receiver for the Einstein, created by Pocketwizard. I did result to putting a PWIII on the einstein via the sync cord and it worked perfectly, but I shouldn't have to do that..

Mark

I had a problem with mine too, but mine ended up being that the einstiens were on the wrong channel or group or something (something I simply missed), double check your einsteins to make sure they're set to the correct channel (and staying there). its been a little while, but I want to say there was something I was inadvertently doing that was resetting the einstein channel w/o me noticing. sorry I can't be too much more help, if you want I can take a look when I get back home.

I've had good success running 2 einsteins with the MC2's + 1-2 OCF SB700's on PW TT5's + a TT5 tethered to the camera + a PlusIII in hand to remote fire the camera and flashes together using auto-relay type setup.

Thanks everyone so far!

Hmmm. I guess what I need to know is if the PlusIIIs will trigger the MC2 at all. It seems to me like you're triggering yours with a TT5.

Mark

yeah I only had 1 plusIII and was using that for a remote, so I had the plusIII in hand--->TT5 on camera triggering shutter and relaying flash signal---->MC2's and other TT5's with SB700's on them.

I would think the PlusIII can trigger the MC2's, I recently sold a bunch of my lighting and PW stuff including my einsteins, so I can't go test anything out anymore.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back