Pyromaniac Portrait | Long exposure Self Portrait

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Sean Scarmack and I'm an addict.

Nikon D4
15secs
f22
iso100
24-70 2.8 @ 24mm

No strobes in this one, all natural.

You know my typical dark style, the fire in the middle should be almost blown white and the background should be almost black and my shirt should almost be disappearing in the darkness.

Its a little hot. No pun intended haha

$14760526922_c98f6c3786_b.jpg

SOOC
$20140725-028_zps69366e20.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. You are better than me at staying perfectly still for 15 seconds!

Personally, I don't think its too hot, I like seeing the reflection of the fire, the orange is realistic, so it works out great.

I like the idea, but I wonder if you had moved the camera a few feet to the right and lowered it to the ground, and removed the stump in front of you, how it would have looked?

Jake

No, it's not. No pun intended ;)

(There's a thread about English going on now... you supposed to write "it's" not "its" in this instance! Finally I get to teach you something!)

As for the picture... I like the idea but not the composition. It's not balanced. I agree with Jake in terms of lowering the camera a bit and moving that stump in front of you, but unlike him, I would move the camera a bit to the left. Anyway, jmho, others might disagree

next, please ;)

I like it. You are better than me at staying perfectly still for 15 seconds!

Personally, I don't think its too hot, I like seeing the reflection of the fire, the orange is realistic, so it works out great.

It was actually quite difficult, the fire was extremely hot. I was surprised I didn't get burned, seriously. It was that hot. As you can tell its at least 5 foot tall.

I like the idea, but I wonder if you had moved the camera a few feet to the right and lowered it to the ground, and removed the stump in front of you, how it would have looked?

Jake

Not a bad idea, good eye.

No, it's not. No pun intended ;)

(There's a thread about English going on now... you supposed to write "it's" not "its" in this instance! Finally I get to teach you something!)

As for the picture... I like the idea but not the composition. It's not balanced. I agree with Jake in terms of lowering the camera a bit and moving that stump in front of you, but unlike him, I would move the camera a bit to the left. Anyway, jmho, others might disagree

next, please ;)

Ahhhh thanks 'M'Maria. I will be sure to check out that thread :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

What next? haha

over saturated.
I actually didn't touch the saturation on this, I actually didn't do much to it, besides bringing up the brightness a little bit.

But yeah I can see where the over saturated comes from, thats actually just the white balance and not the saturation. Its way to warm, but thats the effect I wanted.

Thanks though :)

well then maybe you could have brought it down a tad bit?

I actually quite like it, hot like that. Too each their own though.

To me, it shows how hot fire is.

But I'll give it a shot and see how it looks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back