Q: What can Kill Arch in 15mins..... but won't harm you?...

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
..... Answer: a single Hazlenut.... or very possibly ANY trace of tree nuts in food.....

yep guys..... thanks to the national health service (in UK)..... i could be in life threatening trouble before september the 1st! :(

A few of you know that about 4 weeks ago..... i had quite a severe allergic reaction after eating some chocolate with hazlenuts in.....

Even tho im 29, and in pretty good health...... and have eaten nuts without problems my whole life...... appartently you can just be allergic to something for no reason.....:er:

Unfortunatly for me..... hazlenuts are in the same catagory as bee stings.... and one of the 3 most deadly of all allergies.....

I found out today, the NHS cant give me an allergy test...... and more importantly the injection i'll need to get me out of anaphylactic shock, untill the 1st sept..... and i'v already been waiting a month......

In this time i have been eating basic foods to make sure i dont cop it.... but i thought i'd get an appointment a little quicker!...... stupid health service.... :er:

Bless your heart. :hug:: No one likes to be made to feel they are just a cog in a wheel. Have you asked to be put on a wait list, so if there are any cancelled appointments they can move yours up sooner?

Hopefully just by staying with non-processed foods, like you have been, you'll be just fine till you get more detailed information. That has to be unnerving! :( So sorry.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't believe you have to wait so long for the injection/testing. Allergies are a pain (and scary).

thanks guys :hugs:

Its a real ***** not being able to eat things.... like eating out is a no-no... and not eating ice cream in this hot weather (cuz alot of ice creams are made with hazlenut or almond extract).... and not knowing which 'other' nuts may effect me is annoying..... yea terri, i'm gonna keep phoning to try and get an earlier appointment... but i just wanna know NOW! :mrgreen:

i feel your pain (too an extent). i'm 29 too, and have just developed allergies to avocados and macadamia nuts. I use to be able to eat as much as I wanted, now my mouth/throat gets all itchy and I just feel weird. what's up with that?

good luck arch, hope they can find a away to speed up the process for ya!

Avacados?! :shock: I would miss guacamole so much! I am allergic to shellfish, and out here in New England it's everywhere so you have to be very careful. It's strange how allergies come on so sudden. I had lobster and shrimp from the time I was little, but suddenly at age 13 took a bite of lobster and found myself in an ambulance 15 minutes later unable to breathe.

Allergies suck.

My nose runs like a tap in certain buildings that have air conditioning which is extremely frustrating on a hot day. I suffer from Hayfever.

What is this? Even if you went into anaphylactic shock they would not be able to give you the emergency medicine? Which is cortisone? How's that? They'd let you die before September 1 and only after September 1 ... not even the NHS would be able to make you live again. What is that then? Why is this so? In an emergency they MUST save your life, they cannot just NOT do so, now can they?????

Or what is it I don't get here?
And yes, allergies can show up and disappear whenever they want to - being married to a highly allergic person and mother to one even worse allergic person has taught me some (though up to now I have not shown very many allergic reactions to anything).

lol, corinna ..... what i mean is i have to wait till september to have the official test..... and be given the injection pack which i'll then have to carry around with me for the rest of my life.
I have already been to the local GP for confirmation of the allergy..... and he was sure that it is a hazlenut allergy.....

So what i mean is..... if i accidently eat a hazlenut (or at this stage any nut cuz i havent beed tested) between now and september..... I will more than likely go into anaphylactic shock..... which amoungst other things will close my air-ways.. and suffocate me within 15 mins..... the likelyhood of reaching a hospital in this time is minimal..... so without the injection.... the only other course of action someone can take is to shove a tube of some sort into my neck.... ouch.

There is a possiblity that i wont go into anaphylactic shock..... but the doctor that came to see me when i had my first reaction, said he's rarely seen an initial reaction as bad as mine..... and the next time (because i'v become sensitized) will be alot worse.

This is why im supprised they cant at least give me an injection pack while i wait for the full allergy test.... stupid hospital :er:

i'm not sure that i have ever had a hazlenut, and my reaction to macadamias isn't as bad as yours, but I don't have any problem at all with peanuts or cashews... i eat a ton of those. maybe you will be lucky and your official test will show an allergy to only hazlenuts...

yea J, thats what im hoping.... just hazlenuts would be ok... i could deal with that.... or at worst, all tree nuts..... which is mainly hazlenuts, almonds and walnuts.... i could live with that too....;)

but all nuts including peanuts, would be a nightmare!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back