Quack Quack and a GHO

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Couldn't find anything all that exciting today so I spent some time with some mallards in so ho-hum light (Not as cool as JR's Cinnamon Teal). Also found my ol faithful Great Horned Owl just being an owl. Comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Mallard 2_1 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Mallard 2_1 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Mallard 2_1 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 Who needs a Jesus lizard when you can have a Jesus Duck?
Mallard 2_1 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Great Horned Owl 2_1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Great series Kris. Did you get a 800mm lens?

Great series Kris. Did you get a 800mm lens?
Thanks! It's a loaner from Canon. They have had my 7dm2 since the 16th and my 500 F4 since the 22nd. There is a service manager that is actually verifying the AF works correctly. Might have it back on Wednesday,hopefully... The 800 is a beast to shoot handheld, plus it's a little slow at F5.6..

Excellent. Nominated #1 Feb POTM

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thats especially impressive those shots hand holding a beast of a lens like that. Well done you have mastered hand holding.

All good but loving #3 and the GHO. Well done.

All are wonderful! The owl is my favorite.

All are wonderful! The owl is my favorite.
Thank you John!

Great shots but handholding the 800? :clap:
Well, it's only 1.5# more at 10#.. Its actually too long for the local hawks when they fly close.. It would be impossible for me to shoot from a pod. Of course you would need a megapod as the total weight is over 13#.. Still less than a bowling ball, lol..

They have had my 7dm2 since the 16th and my 500 F4 since the 22nd.

I thought the 7dm2 didnt have an AF issue and that I was crazy for thinking it did.

Duck shots are STELLAR!

Really great captures Kris. I tried picking a favorite but, I gotta be honest they are all great.

Nice set Kris. Mallards are nice to practice on when there's nothing else around. This winter has been tough finding something interesting to shot. Harriers,Cardinals and GBH get old quick.

Most reactions

Back