Quality glass

A bare bones answer is a lens with a constant aperture of 2.8 or wider (with the exception of the large primes which may begin at 4.0).

I mean you can tell a "good quality lens" simply by taking some pictures with it and seeing if everything comes sharp. And you can hold it and play with it and see if it feels smooth.
You can tell a good lens without ever using it, by looking at the lenses modular transfer function chart and reading technical reviews.
Camera Lens Quality: MTF, Resolution & Contrast

SWF, 28 yrs, 38-24-36, 5'7", 121 lbs....

Stats can tell you a LOT...

I mean you can tell a "good quality lens" simply by taking some pictures with it and seeing if everything comes sharp. And you can hold it and play with it and see if it feels smooth.
You can tell a good lens without ever using it, by looking at the lenses modular transfer function chart and reading technical reviews.

Sounds like a fine piece of glass...

A classic design.

:drool:

Most reactions

Back