Quality Time

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canoncan will get the title :) Both our wives are in Florida so yesterday after work it was off to Toronto International Airport to shoot the airliners and this evening I picked up my dad and took him to dinner before going to shoot the city at sunset. We have been graced with brilliant sunshine and I’m taking full advantage of it. Not getting any rest but at least I’m feeding my habit and keeping the shakes away :biglaugh: Anyway, on to the images.

Cherry Street bridge
13apr2445.jpg

The CN Tower, World's tallest free standing structure
13apr2464.jpg

Cherry Beach
13apr0216.jpg

Abandoned Canada Malting Building
13apr2459.jpg

The Canary Restaurant made famous in many movies
13apr0225.jpg

The Oriole
13apr0228.jpg

For Picksure :)
13apr2440.jpg

The main event
13apr0243.jpg

13apr0252.jpg

13apr0270.jpg

I’m going to try and get 6 hours of sleep then back to work. Tomorrow evening it is back to Toronto International Airport with some co-workers who want to see the airliners take-off, no rest for the TPF addicted :)

Enjoy,

Eric

Quick edit. Almost forgot a photo of my dad. Not the best image but he taught me the love of photography and at 79 is still shooting everything in sight.

13apr0208.jpg

Hard to say if the "biker" should/shouldn't be in #1(great either way)

I dont think I could get one good shot of the tower, you cant miss. Cherry Beach is near perfect.
I would never see the next two, both were just walls till you got there.

The Oriole is my second favorite, your Dad is #1. And the "Main Event", is just that!!

Beautys, :hail: as alway

Extra-large thanks for the Algobay.

Oh, could you not spend some more "Quality Time" somewhere with your dad and camera in tow? Pulease! (OK, you have to work. But is THAT really SO important? Or to sleep, but... REALLY?)

I like all of these so much, I can't really say which on I like best. I do like the biker in the first, so for me it's no question that he should be there. Cherry Beach fascinates me most, as does the fact that you know how to frame a simple wall so that it becomes a most interesting thing to look at.
I would have to repeat Picksure's words... so there. Time to make breakfast for the crowd, anyway... You helped me get a very good start into the day, thank you.

Great shots. Is the malting plant still abandoned? I heard it was being turned into some music hall of fame or something like that. Personally I'm hoping it's still unused, such a heaven for urban-exploration!

Quality Time and top quality work. As Always. I can only hope to someday produce results like this from my new D70.....

Good stuff. I would be interested to see some of your dad's images. That's so cool both of you being able to go out and share the same passion.

Cruzin said:
Good stuff. I would be interested to see some of your dad's images. That's so cool both of you being able to go out and share the same passion.

I love nothing better then looking through my dad's photos from the past. I have all of his aviation collection but what I want to get my hands on now is his 40s-60s shots of Montreal, trains and ocean liners. He still really enjoys looking at them. I have the whole neg collection that my grandfather and father took and have printed some pics over the years but I really want to get a hold of the images and just scan some for now. Needless to say on rainy days when we get together we spend our time looking at photos.

We really enjoy our times like this and kind of feed off each other when taking photos. Often he will give me an angle I did not think of.

Man, I better get to work. I'm relly starting to feel the lack of sleep.

Eric

My personal favorite is the Canary Restaurant. Something about the colors of this photo really grabbed me. All excellent, makes me want to get out and shoot some more city scenes around here.....oh, wait, I'd need a city for that :mrgreen:

You did it again Eric. Another set of awesome photos. The Toronto skyline is amazing. Dud you take them from The Docks?
Great shots Eric.!!!!!!

The skyline was from the docks. Other then the Island it is the best place and right now the sun sets right behind the buildings.

Eric

great work as always Eric! i love your compositions and your unique ability to frame images - very effective!

my father was a great inspiration to me in the field of photography and left much to reflect on. your dad seems like an awesome guy to hang with!

AIRIC said:
I love nothing better then looking through my dad's photos from the past. I have all of his aviation collection but what I want to get my hands on now is his 40s-60s shots of Montreal, trains and ocean liners. He still really enjoys looking at them. I have the whole neg collection that my grandfather and father took and have printed some pics over the years but I really want to get a hold of the images and just scan some for now. Needless to say on rainy days when we get together we spend our time looking at photos.

Eric

This is what I hope to achieve by being a photographer. That one day, my children will go through my pics and perhaps get a better understanding of the world and times that I lived in.

I'm with Alison that the Canary restaurant is my personal fave though the malting building and the picture of your father are in close competition :mrgreen:

Always a pleasure to view your work :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back