Quantity is a Quality of its own

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When you go on Vacation, do you take your big camera, set up shots carefully and shoot a few brilliant images, or do you bring lots of small cameras and shoot everything in sight trying to capture the moment and the memories of your vacation?

I tend to bring the smallest camera I can get away with and shoot everything and try to capture shots that will remind me of the good time I had while on vacation.

I've done both, and found that with a small camera much more memories are created with an awful lot less effort

I figure the day will never come when I'm able to join the DSLR community.
I have an 8.1MP Nikon Coolpix P60.
It goes everywhere my truck goes.
But then I'm not even sure the day will come for another computer either.
I love my part time job. I only drive about 10 miles to and from it. So I'm effectively making more than I was hot shot driving.
But it'll never be enough....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I took my 2.8 to the Magic Kingdom.

The guard searching my bags said " You better take some good photos with that".

I did.

If your a hobbiest Id suspect you would take your camera, a pro may want a vacay from " work".

I did.

If your a hobbiest Id suspect you would take your camera, a pro may want a vacay from " work".

I'd probably bring my DSLR too. It really depends WHERE. But for the most part I'd keep it simple. Camera + 2 lenses. No need to bring the whole arsenal and I think that's what turns a lot of people off. Ken Rockwell is right, people tend to bring too much gear when they go on vacation and it becomes too much.

Yup, I take my DSLR. If it's somewhere I can drive to I'll take my tripod and filters and my regular field gear in a lowepro 400AW, but I've got a "light" version where I can fit my essentials (camera body, 3 lenses, hoods, cpls, spare batteries, memory cards, 10" tablet, remote release, rain cover, sensor and lens cleaning kit and a joby gorrilla pod) in a lowepro flipside 200. For quick shots I have my mobile phone, though if I was into shooting city candids I'd probably consider a smaller camera. I just dont see taking a DSLR and a few lenses as a big deal normally. I also don't get that swapping lenses is a big deal either, only takes 3 or 4 seconds.

I did.

I'm taking a D810 in case I manage to land a quick assignment while I'm away but for the most part I'll be using an EM5 II.

My favourite photos from my trip to London a few years back were taken with my iPhone 4s.

Depends...sometimes small d-slr with 28-200 zoom and or a 70-300 zoom. Other times, my iPhone.

When you go on Vacation, do you take your big camera, set up shots carefully and shoot a few brilliant images, or do you bring lots of small cameras and shoot everything in sight trying to capture the moment and the memories of your vacation?

I've done both. I've taken trips where I took my D610 with 24-70 and 70-200 and lugged it around and capture awesome snap shots. I've also lugged around an a6000 for 2 weeks with the kit 15-55mm and captured awesome snap shots.

Honestly, my Google Pixel phone bangs out some pretty good shots itself.

I'm taking a trip in two weeks and plan to again take my D610 with 24-70 only. I only have one shot in mind I plan to actually try to capture.

When I vacation I'm with my wife, she can barely stand me more than ten minutes at a time, let alone if I'm stopping to to setup and shoot everywhere we go...

My travel setup.

Sometimes I take a flash and trigger as well. I try to keep it light. :allteeth:

camerabag-jpg.137653

I've done both. I've taken trips where I took my D610 with 24-70 and 70-200 and lugged it around and capture awesome snap shots. I've also lugged around an a6000 for 2 weeks with the kit 15-55mm and captured awesome snap shots.

I'm taking a trip in two weeks and plan to again take my D610 with 24-70 only. I only have one shot in mind I plan to actually try to capture.

When I vacation I'm with my wife, she can barely stand me more than ten minutes at a time, let alone if I'm stopping to to setup and shoot everywhere we go...
Mine will let me take as long as I want...as long as it isn't something that she deems to be a cliche shot.

Good luck photographing oak alley. Go very early and beat the crowds if possible. When I was there the driveway had 50-70 people in it.

Personally, I have started using my smartphone as it is also giving me good shots to go with. Not every time but yeah sometimes when I have the language to carry, I don't use DSLR.

Most reactions

Back